DT125 No Spark Wont Run Help

Trhyperactive
This post is 873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Battery has nothing to do with the engine running on a dt, It will literally need one wire from the mag to the coil to run. Bought a field bike for spares in just that configuration.

If you have a good plug, coil and lead then continuity down to the mag the only fault there will be the condenser or the points need adjusting or are fouled.

I myself used to run the condenser outside of the mag on dt's i have had in the past, may reduce efficiency slightly but save a whole lot of ball ache when they fail, and far easier to change out on a regular basis saving the points burning through a weak condenser. Condensers do fail, likely the weakest 'point' of the system.😁

May just be a bit of fluff in the jaws of the points.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi there, the output of the flywheel/magneto is AC...but....if it's not running...then you will only be able to test the output when you kick it over, don't expect a constant reading as the Flywheel will only spin a few revolutions. 

What model is it DT125 ?E ?F  ?1F9. You mention "compensator" . In the UK it's referred to as a condensor,  so is this a US or UK or another Icelandic bike?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online