high beam dt 50

Veigar
This post is 867 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There's only so many switches on the handlebars of any bike, if you're not finding a switch that works the high beam, have you checked to see that the bulb is good?

Mind these wee bikes are 6 volt,,,=  lighting is A/C,, engine running ,,And turn your ignition key to the second position,  [  thats if its a 4 possition ignition],

On 9/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, Snakebite68 said:

There's only so many switches on the handlebars of any bike, if you're not finding a switch that works the high beam, have you checked to see that the bulb is good?

the bulb is good. i just dont know where the switch is.

How many switches are there on the left grip?
I'm finding pictures that show one or two... If it's two, the right one is on and off, and the left one is low and high. If it's one it's just high & low...

Go into the headlamp shell. Identify the hi beam wire and trace it back. There should be a junction where a wire will lead to a switch

28 minutes ago, jimmy said:

Go into the headlamp shell. Identify the hi beam wire and trace it back. There should be a junction where a wire will lead to a switch

that is what ii was gonna do if i couldnt get the answer on here. i dont really want to do it cuz i use the bike every day

3 hours ago, Snakebite68 said:

How many switches are there on the left grip?
I'm finding pictures that show one or two... If it's two, the right one is on and off, and the left one is low and high. If it's one it's just high & low...

there is just the switch for the turn signal and a button for the honk.spacer.png

Edited by Veigar
forgot the picture of the handle

Is this a UK bike? Road legal? or a dirt bike used elsewhere? Presumably you've not had it long otherwise you'd know where the switch was.?

if there's no switches on the other handle bar, have you considered asking the previous owner if there was one?

Edited by NE0

LOL, not many people know. A uk moped, ie 50cc bike is not legally required to have main beam. My daughters Aprilia did not have main beam, i converted it because the headlight was shite using kx 125 parts. 

So it may well not have main beam.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Cynic said:

LOL, not many people know. A uk moped, ie 50cc bike is not legally required to have main beam. My daughters Aprilia did not have main beam, i converted it because the headlight was shite using kx 125 parts. 

So it may well not have main beam.

I cant get it legal on roads in Iceland unless I have a high beam and I´ve got it legal

16 hours ago, Veigar said:

I cant get it legal on roads in Iceland unless I have a high beam and I´ve got it legal

Would have been good to know the iceland bit at the start...

How many filaments are in the headlamp bulb, if you can't see them, how many solder tags are there on the base of the bulb and/or how many contacts are there in the bulb holder?

If there are two brass contacts in the headlamp holder, then it is wired for both dip and beam.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, Veigar said:

that is what ii was gonna do if i couldnt get the answer on here. i dont really want to do it cuz i use the bike every day

there is just the switch for the turn signal and a button for the honk.spacer.png

I must have missed this...

That looks like the control for the right handlebar, what about the left one?