77 XS750 Rebuild Carb Adjusting

smitty_jc7
This post is 1037 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello. Ive got a 77 xs 750 that I recently did a top end rebuild on. I also rebuilt the carbs. The main issue was a leak at the front right head gasket. So I replaced my rings, gaskets, nuts, studs, theres a whole big list of things thaat I did. That being said followed the clymers the whole way. Now I cant get my carbs right. Ive done a bench synch on em...Triple Mikuni B34's I believe....The air/fuel mixture screw is as described in manual 2.5 turns out. It just wants to crank and run to the sky now as for the RPMs. I will say that the apparatus inside of the middle carb was different than the other 2. The needle jet and retainer inside the slide/diaphram was different as well...not sure if thats how it should be. But I made sure all parts are accounted for. I think i've given up on these carbs...I'm hearing they're not great...and this middle carb being different makes me think PO has something wonky set up. Can I get carb recomendations or even best place to buy from some of ya? If someone thinks they can help me with these carbs I'll take that too. Thank you. Just want to get a clean slate of a carb set up and go from there.196017500_1010309499709116_7828568570379987529_n.jpg9CC4BF76-8290-4D9A-ACAC-B1D4BE9F87CF_2_0_a.mov

Edited by smitty_jc7

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.