Hey! Hi! How ya doin'?

This post is 1012 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys! My name is Justin and I am new to the forum. I've tried a few forums but haven't really found much/help support so I am hopeful to be here with y'all on this forum. Any who, a quick about me, then I'm gonna get my post up for help on my xs750. So I am currently living in CO and I'll be headed back to the east coast soon, originally from GA. In my time out here I've picked up riding motorcycles and I love it. I've also been one to do the work on my vehicles in the past and that has definitley followed me into my time with my bikes! My first bike was a 01 Ninja 500. It was a good little starter. Most of the work on that was just cosmetic outside of brakes and exhaust! I sold that bike a while back and have recently purchased a project 77 xs750. PO gave up on it but had actually done some decent cosmetic work and gave it a good look so I decided to take it off his hands and commit myself to fixing her up! I also looked at it as a good chance to learn a few things! I've just about wrapped up the top end rebuild but i've run into a couple issues as I'm trying to wrap it up and could use some help! Looking forward to hearing from some of ya!

176468486_287534492964301_3742427799752832306_n.jpg

177360729_186503439981356_3634149997143106366_n.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Justin, nice intro, well done for taking the time and effort to write one.

Nice bike you got there, I like the 3 into one exhaust, not disimilar to my Honda 400/4 with 4 its snake pipes into one. I guess being a 77 its one of the first bikes to see mag Wheels as it was probably around that time they were introduced. My 75 is wire spoked and i don't recall seeing mag wheels anytime before 77.

A lot of the members (the regular ones who respond) are all UK based and I assume CO and GA are in the US?  At present the forum is a quiet place compared to a few years ago when it certainly was a lot more active. Nonetheless, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the place.

• Like 1

• Hey Neo! Happy to hear a lot of the parts I needed were in the UK! Went through Yambits a bit. I also love that I have a drive train instead of a chain! Didn't even know that was a thing prior to owning this bike!

Also, yes, Colorado and Georgia

Hi smitty_jc7
Welcome to the fantastic forum and what a brilliant intro.
As NEO says, A lot of the members (the regular ones who respond) are all UK based and I assume CO and GA are in the US?
Myself are thinking along the same lines. I presume CO is Colorado and the obvious one GA is Georgia.
Anyway, It's always nice to have a member from a different country and post photos of their bikes.
Mike.

• Like 1

Yes, there will be plenty of help on here for you, about twenty years ago I had a couple of XS250's which were fantastic but have progressed up the cc scale since then. Am now on a 1250cc now, but not a Yamaha though.

• Like 1

Great intro bud.

Ìve owned a few xs' but not the 750

The forum ticks along nicely, sometimes fast, sometimes not so fast

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smitty_jc7 said:
  • I also love that I have a drive train instead of a chain! Didn't even know that was a thing prior to owning this bike!

Drivetrain, everything that is involved with the direct drive of a vehicle from engine to rubber... Chain is just one of them! :D

Guys here are either knowledgeable or just bright, you should get most questions answered to a good degree.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online