Track time at Donington

This post is 927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was thinking of booking an evening next month.

What were the groups like? 

Two groups, novice/inter and inter/advanced. Seemed to work fine, because it was evening, I got the impression more riders rode there than van/trailered. I was in novice/inters, there were some very fast lads in it too, and a couple of instances of dodgy over/undertakes, but all in all just about right for me. Inters/fast tended to be litre plus/track type bikes. Only one red flag in our group, and the marshalls had the black flag out to a couple of riders early on. Plenty of room in the paddock too. One group on, one group off, so only 20 minutes between the sessions, four sessions each group, first group on at 5.30.

• Like 1

the only time ive leaned a bike over that far is when we've parted company on the road :D

5 hours ago, neversaydie said:

Two groups, novice/inter and inter/advanced. Seemed to work fine, because it was evening, I got the impression more riders rode there than van/trailered. I was in novice/inters, there were some very fast lads in it too, and a couple of instances of dodgy over/undertakes, but all in all just about right for me. Inters/fast tended to be litre plus/track type bikes. Only one red flag in our group, and the marshalls had the black flag out to a couple of riders early on. Plenty of room in the paddock too. One group on, one group off, so only 20 minutes between the sessions, four sessions each group, first group on at 5.30.

Sounds good. I've heard a lot of track days this year were like moto3 and seen some quite bad accidents so I was a bit worried about the mixed groups. 

I reckon I'll get an evening booked! 

• 2 months later...

Did you book one? I've not been able to log in on here for several weeks but all appears to be working again now. I take the point about sessions being red flagged, I've noticed there are more of them than when I first started trackdays, and I put it down to more riders having lap timers fitted onto the dash/bars than ever before. I reckon they ride around with one eye on the timer, trying to gain every available nano second at the expense of safety/courtesy. There's plenty of examples on Youtube of dodgy over/undertakes at corners. If I see a bunch gathering in front of me, I'll let them get further in front rather than take risks. Its my only bike.

I was up there again in August and then again Sept 8th, that's it now for this year. 

No I didn't book an evening session. Did donington in July and went to blyton Park for an exclusive triumph day in August which was awesome. Joined by Brandon Paasch from triumphs British supersport team as well

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online