More than one bike!?

Snakebite68
This post is 858 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So...

Is it true that I can't use my no claims on two different bikes?
And yet, it doesn't matter WHICH bike I use it on???

WTF is this craziness??? Surely I've racked up 2 years of no claims no matter what bike insurance it's applied to? I can only ride one damn bike at a time!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can only use your NCD on one insurance policy. So if you get a multibike, you use it on how ever many that policy covers.

If you had 2 years no claims, and 2 policies, you could use one year on each.

Yeah, well I'm not going for a multi policy, the only one I've been quoted for was 4 times the amount of doing it separately...

It can't be this hard for normal people!

7 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

Haha I insure 4 bikes no problem 🙃

How and who with?

And is it cheaper than doing it singly?

I have classic bike insurance with 3 bikes on it and agreed value inc breakdown.
Its gone expensive now as I pay £170 when it used to be £95 (but that was 10 years ago)

RH insurance 

I'm with bemoto.

3 on one policy with all my NCD and then another one a separate with mirrored no claims. 

600 all in I think

• 5 months later...

I started riding just over a year ago on a Moped, insured with Bennetts. I recently wanted to add another bike and thought that a joint policy would be best - I mean, I can only ride one at a time and I'm the only named rider! On the phone they quoted me not much short of £300 for a 2 bike policy. Now I paid £91 last year for the moped and I'd already found quotes for the secobd bike at under £100 so I politely declined. Onto a comparison website and I was quoted £87 for basic insurance and £129 including injury, gear, legal help etc. with...... Bennetts!

Has anyone found a multibike policy that actually works out cheaper?

It's the moped that is the odd one out, they're dead cheap to insure. If it was two bigger bikes, you'd be looking around £300 anyway.
Just insure them separately till you do your DAS and get something bigger.

I have an agreed value multi bike policy and they insure to the biggest risk. My vmax and tdr are on the same policy. 190 quid. Vmax added a 100 quid. Scandal lol. 

Almost more to tax than insure, that's with declared mods too. 

Don't forget you have doubled the fire and theft risk. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online