blooming traffic!

jcr
This post is 1014 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

how am i supposed to enjoy a ride out when there are so many cars on the roads😡

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Totally concur jcr, but as there was three of us going out to National Trust today I had no choice but to take the car. Seen so many bikers on the roads (motorways included) was very envious. But, and a very BIG BUT.  the weather was so hot I don't think I would have coped too well in my full leathers being in my seventies.
Mike.

• Like 3

I've been on earlies last two days so roads dead on the way in (0400hrs) and chok a blok on the way home.

Some crazy filtering yesterday by a load of bikes and scooters, which I let myself get caught up in. When I finally got through it all I was fkn angry with myself as there were some stupid risks taken

No harm done tho (other than pissing off a load of car drivers) and  a much better run into work today

20210531_042518.jpg

• Like 3

the only times i seem to be able to avoid heavy traffic in daylight are early mornings at the weekend (pre 9am) and late on Sunday evenings.

i took the Ace down the country lanes between Hampshire and Wiltshire, just to get away from all the cars. i got lost for about an Hour and ended up in Salisbury.

to be honest, i think the bike is just too big and heavy for those types of roads though.

i think a Royal Enfield might be in my future.

• Like 2

ponderosa was quiet and found a great new cafe too

wasn't till i got on the m6 that it was busy

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

• Like 4

went out early this morning (Saturday 6:45am). weather was lovely, clear blue skies and mild.

got a couple of hours of fun riding in on fairly quiet roads. it started getting busy about 9, so i headed back home.

today was a good day 👍

3 minutes ago, jcr said:

went out early this morning (Saturday 6:45am). weather was lovely, clear blue skies and mild.

got a couple of hours of fun riding in on fairly quiet roads. it started getting busy about 9, so i headed back home.

today was a good day 👍

If you want to venture farther north and end up in North Wiltshire there are plenty of quiet rural roads and loads of quiet A roads as well as Motorways i.e., M4/M5. My favourite trek is on the A429 from Chippenham(where I live) to Cirencester(where I grew up) on the way just before Ciren is the old Kemble airfield which used to be the original home of the RAF's Red Arrows which is now a private "Commercial estate?" anyway, now it is open to the public with a fantastic cafe overlooking the runways being used by private small aircraft. Not sure if the cafe which is called AV8 is open at the moment due to the present pandemic.
Mike.

• Like 2

thanks for the suggestion Mike. ive often found myself in Wilts, i usually head to Salisbury then just follow my nose.

i love the colours in the countryside at this time of year.

I went today in the car as again there were three of us to which I think is the "best place" in South Wales. Any ideas? 
Was so envious of all the bikers parking on the sea front where we had to park in a car park and walk down to the beach which was no problem.
Mike.

no idea? i toured Wales on a TZR125 about thirty years ago. went with a mate who had just changed his RD125 for a GS850. i think he dropped the bike at a stand still 4 times on that trip, including on me at Caernarfon castle!

we didnt spend much time down south, preferred the middle and north.

sounds like you need a motorbike and sidecar combo Mike :D

• 2 weeks later...

For the last 2 or 3 months have been commuting the 28 miles to work and back on the FJ here in Kernow.  Mornings are not too bad but late afternoon rush hour between Falmouth & Truro and through Truro is a killer.

Cagers all over the place and Truro is at a standstill on double lanes.

High beam and blinkers on and gently force your way through the middle.  Generally people are alert, helpful and make space.    Some however should be shot on sight. 🤬

• Like 1

Jimmy and jcr have given me an idea, the other day I was out on the bike to drop it off for a bit of maintenance and had to walk/bus it home in full leathers in a massive heatwave which was a nightmare then had to walk/bus it back again to collect it later. So, as I'm a retired earlybird and usually up around 04:00 will seriously think about going out for a ride in the Wiltshire country roads then as I've always said that's the best time of the day. Will plan a route then hopefully do it.
Mike.

• Like 1

the weather is lousy here at the mo, so tonight, i think gin and tonic will be consumed :D   

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online