Specification Data Sheet/Sales brochure (FZS600 1999)?

Lorraine
This post is 905 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, first post (new member) .... Please can somebody help me out .....

Does anybody have a copy of the manufacturer Specification data sheet for a FZS600 / 1999? (pdf /downloadable, please) OR, copy of an original sales brochure??

I have taken my Fazer to Italy (5yrs ago), trying to register it with an Italian number plate. The local vehicle authority office (vehicle licencing etc) has asked for this document for them to proceed with the paperwork.

Originally, they required a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) – NOT available for my bike. Only available for bike year 2000+. They (Italy) have now accepted this email (result).

Now they keep asking for a spec sheet, I have downloaded lots from the internet, translated them into Italian … none accepted!

Asked a translator to ask, in case I was misunderstanding, same response – except now it is a specific spec sheet for my bike from the manufacturer!! They called it a “Scheda Tecnica”.

Went back to Yamaha.co.uk – directed; to Yamaha.eu – directed; to local (Italian) distribution shop … nobody has heard of this document. Even asked a few Italian bike riders (via FB) …. Nothing.

So, I was hoping that they may accept an ‘original’ manufacturers spec sheet, from the time they were being sold on the open market (sales brochure).

Fingers crossed one of you can help …… PLEASE …

Lorraine

DSCN18080 Fazer FZS600 (29-04-2020).JPG

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

YAMAHA FZS 600 FAZER 1999

Motorcycle image Yamaha fzs 600 fazer year 1999

DESCRIPTION

The motorcycle Yamaha fzs 600 fazer of 1999 was manufactured by the company Yamaha and corresponds to the series of Yamaha fzs 1000 that encompasses motorcycles of different displacements.

This bike enters into the category of naked and the first model of the Yamaha fzs 1000 generation began to be sold to the general public in the year 1997, that's why we are talking about a a motorcycle generation that already has 24 years.

To give you a little more information about the characteristics of this bike, it has an engine displacement of 599.00 cc (36.55 ci) and a total power of 95.00 hp (69.3 kw) at 11500 rpm with an inline four-cylinder, 4-stroke engine with electric starter.

When this model marketed to the general public, had an incredible starting price of 1.170,00 €.

Take a look at the information of this awesome motorcycle.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS YAMAHA FZS 600 FAZER 1999

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
Make Yamaha
Model fzs 600 fazer 1999
Year 1999
Category Naked
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
Displacement 599.00 cc (36.55 ci)
Engine type Inline four-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
Power 95.00 hp (69.3 kw) at 11500 rpm
Torque 61.00 nm (6.2 kgf-m or 45.0 ft.lbs) at 9500 rpm
Engine compression 12.0:1
Bore x stroke 62.0 x 49.6 mm (2.4 x 2.0 inches)
Valves per cylinder 4 valves
Cooling Liquid cooled
Transmission 6 gears
Final drive chain
DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
Full weight 217.0 kg (478.4 lb.)
Front weight ratio 49.0
Height to seat 790 mm (31.1 inches)
CONSUMPTION AND EMISSIONS
Average consumption 0.64 liters/100 km (156.3 km/l or 367.53 mpg)
Greenhouse gases 14.8 CO2 g/km. (CO2 - carbon dioxide emissions) 14.8 CO2 g/km (CO2 - carbon dioxide emissions)
SPEED AND ACCELERATION
Maximum speed 133.0 mph (214.0 km/h)
Acceleration 0 to 100 km/h 3.500 seconds
Acceleration 60 to 140 km/h in top gear 11.800 seconds
CHASSIS, SUSPENSION AND WHEELS
Front wheel travel 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Rear wheel travel 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Front tire 110/70-zr17
Rear tire 160/60-zr17
Front brakes Dual disc
Front brake diameter 298 mm (11.7 in.)
Rear brakes Monodisc
Rear brake diameter 245 mm (9.6 in.)
OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
Starter Electric starter

QUESTIONS AND DOUBTS ABOUT YAMAHA FZS 600 FAZER 1999

📅 When was the first model of this motorcycle manufactured?

🏍 What is the fuel consumption of this motorcycle?

🏇 How much power does this motorcycle have?

🕛 What is the maximum speed of this motorcycle?

💯 How long does it take to accelerate to 100kmh from standstill?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

So, did it help? I have plans to go to Italy. But the rules change day by day. Europe has been on my list since last year, but all my plans have changed with the pandemic. Now I'm looking for any information to make sure I can travel ok and that I won't have any problems. I plan to look for a beginner guide to motorcycle hire in Italy, or if I can't start with this country maybe with Germany and from there do the whole route: Austria, Switzerland, Italy. One more week and I will decide.

Edited by AlbanBenson

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online