95 YZ 250 2 Stroke WONT START

Frostyy
This post is 1051 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

We’ve tried everything, ether in spark plug hole, mix in the spark plug hole, nothing works. Replaced spark plug, stator, flywheel, CDI. Originally we had no spark but now we do and it still won’t start. It’s getting gas and has compression so what is the problem!?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
8 hours ago, Frostyy said:

I’m not too sure how to get the timing, we have a new stator for it when we bought it and there is no timing mark. 

Then I think you've answered your first post question on what is the problem!

You state in your first post that you "Replaced spark plug,stator, flywheel" so based on that sentence, you replaced the stator then it's probable that the stator has not been positioned correctly as it's part of the timing. Set even half a millimetre out will alter the performance. Set many millimetres out and it won't fire up or run.

As you're a new member with only two posts and no introduction in the members area, my suggestion would be to have a look at You tube. There are several videos on timing two strokes for your bike which you may find helpful. The timing mark is a scribed line on one of the ribs. That should set you on the path to sorting your problem out. Good luck and keep us informed.

Edited by NE0
  • Like 1