Hi everyone

This post is 1057 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks, my name's ditchkid and I'm new here.

I've come to join the party because I just got my second Yamaha bike and I've already found a lot of very valuable advice on this forum and figured it was time to make it official. 

I currently have a '97 DragStar 650 which is pretty heavily customised, kind of an old school chopper, and a relatively new acquisition which is an '83 TT600 with most of the original bits still on it! But not all, most notably the tank, and good lord they seem rare! I found one on German fleabay and its on it's way, so fingers crossed. I've currently got a random tank and seat on it just for bombing around the lanes but it'll be going back to original factory spec at some point.

I hale from sunny Dartmoor, south side, by the river Dart. I'm very lucky as we have some killer riding round here and some right nice pubs and greasy cafs to head for. We also have an amazing bike night in Paignton, the BMAD Bike Night, which is a fantastic fundraising, volunteer run, fun, friendly, well attended event, Wednesday nights through the summer.

I look forward to chatting with y'all on here, thanks for having me along and thanks in advance for all your advice, if there's anything I can do to help just ask away.

Cheers

_20210501_160709.JPG

_20210501_161011.JPG

IMG-20210415-WA0006.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ditchkid,

Excellent welcome there and first post. Well done.

Always liked choppers, so nice to see one. Hope you'll like it here, not as busy as it used to be but still a great website to visit. Great bunch of guys to chat to. Once again, great intro.

• Like 1

Nice, clean, simple chop.

Old school, I like it! :D

That TT looks awesome. I kinda like it how it is, bit of a brat style mad max feel to it

:welcome:ditchkid, i keep wanting to type dickead 🤣 sorry.

nice to have you on board 👍

• Haha 1

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome!

Haha drewpy, maybe you're onto something!

In reply to you Mr Airhead the plan is to restore the TT to as close to factory as I can, and yes get it on the road. Although as you said finnerz89 I do kind of like the desert racer vibe too, inspired by On Any Sunday of course! If it was a couple of decades older it'd definitely go that way.

Once again thanks for the welcome guys, cheers all

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum bud. Great intro and great pics, keep them coming