Yamaha xj600

Livests
This post is 1053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have issues with my yamaha xj600, engine isn’t running. Spark plugs are new and have spark, when i screwed them out of motor block they are wet with fuel. Checked fuel lines, cleaned carbs but nothing. Then i pour fuel directly in carbs the. Engine starts to sneeze and shoot the flames but thats all. Before winter get engine running but for short time with full trotil and got maximum 1500rpms

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Has it been sat with fuel in the tank and carbs over a long time? cos if it has then your carbs are bunged up with old fuel and will need to come off for a through clean. Try some "Easy start" up through the air filter to see if it fires, if it does then you have a solution to the problem, lot's of cleaning. Try carb cleaner and sone fine wire through the passageways inside the carb. Remove  the jets and blow them out and if you can find a carb refurb kit which will help freshen up the thing.

Take out the plugs & leave for a day or two,,sounds like your flooded  out,  check your oil level,,if its High,,it be fuel in it,,, change it,,,

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly, all that fuel you're pumping has to go somewhere...

I have no idea about carbs, what are we looking at?

Well, that's not good, I'm assuming the engine hasn't ingested it?
All I know about the Thunderace Carbs is that the emulsion tube isn't replaceable... NOT that I know what an emulsion tube is...

8 hours ago, Snakebite68 said:

Well, that's not good, I'm assuming the engine hasn't ingested it?
All I know about the Thunderace Carbs is that the emulsion tube isn't replaceable... NOT that I know what an emulsion tube is...

Everything is okey just need to find new screw and change it. Screw comes at float chamber so it cant get in engine

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online