Sometimes the stars align....

Cynic
This post is 1085 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some know already but , well sometimes things feel like there is a higher order.

On the vmax forum there was a fellow selling a set of carbon dymag wheels, i saw the advert September last year time but had neither the money or the need at the time.

Fast forward, months of covid lock up, (i keep a little slush fund to pay for my biking which has just gone up through last year). Then the drive hub shat its self and the crap that followed.

Well i stumbled back across the wheel add, no comments on the post, wheels had low miles, maybe a couple of thou. With tyres and such and with them being cheap, for dymags, i sent a message on the off chance.

Well f me, he still had them, he was waiting for the lockdown to end to ebay them. Sold. 

Bugger me if i didn't sell the old wheels the same day for 300 quid, flogging some other bits that came with the wheels (short shocks and such). Made total cost to me for a pair of carbon dymags around £600.

Bloody amazing to ride on, it really is something of an experience, the lack of rotating mass and the difference it makes to the bike. Took it for a proper 100 mile blat yesterday and it was only just as i was getting home that my head was starting to figure out how to ride with them. Pegs dragging the roundabouts heading back to the village, plenty of tyre left so frame bolts are next 😈.

Look killer too.

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

great to hear, i'm getting carbon wheels on my push bike as they make a massive difference to the ride and weight carried

44 minutes ago, drewpy said:

great to hear, i'm getting carbon wheels on my push bike as they make a massive difference to the ride and weight carried

With the miles you ride you will notice a difference, though if i may? from my neighbours experience, there is a mileage limit on those carbon wheels. He trained on alloy rims and raced on carbons.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:06 PM, Cynic said:

With the miles you ride you will notice a difference, though if i may? from my neighbours experience, there is a mileage limit on those carbon wheels. He trained on alloy rims and raced on carbons.

not nowadays, unless you hit potholes or damage them in anyway, they will last for years.
there are different weaves used now.