New helmet.

slice
This post is 440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok folks just looked inside my lid and realise that I am WELL over the 5 year change date! I usually chage it about every 4 years but for some reason I missed it by a loooong way. So I am thinking about the new version of the Shark Evo1 (2) not cheap but seems a good helmet and I still want the modular thing, do any of you know anything about them? Not tried one myself obviously but like the look and action of this one, also do you have any recomendations of your own that might be worth a try? Not interested in anything like an open face, odd that I know but the chin guard, even if movable, still helps in the cold and rain. Price isn't really a problem but it has to be worth it for the practicallity and not just the name slapped on it! I don't care if it's made from unobtanium or some other rare and exotic material just basic fibreglass or plastic will be ok for me as I think most of this carbon fibre nonsence is just that nonsence. Also pushing my luck here, but does anyone use a bluetooth headset? I have one on my lid and it does come in handy, so any ideas about which of those on the market might be worth looking at. Thanks folks I'm just trying to see what might be worth a good look at before I jump in and ruin my wife's bank account 😁.

Oh I did look at the Shark bluetooth headset and to be honest it's a bit limited in functionallity and has no way to be software updated unlike most ot the others so count that one out!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would skip the blue tooth anyway ,its fine to get away from bloody mobile fone,,   tranquillity  in the helmet  slicey,, 👂

The only way i have found buying helmets is to go to a shop, tricky i know, and go through them till you find one (if they actually let you try on helmets any more), that fits right.

Every time i have gone helmet shopping i have not come back with what i had set out to buy.

I would hang on a bit longer, once the bike shops open they will have 12mth old stock they will be desperate to be rid of.

• Like 1

Motorcycle Helmets, Clothing, Jackets, Gloves, Boots & Accessories (sportsbikeshop.co.uk)

These guys have a set of 'white' loaners that they will let you take out for a couple of hours to try them out!
As Cynic says, once things are open again...

Thanks folks, had not thought about "new old stock" very cunning mate! I will do just that assuming I'm allowed to actually try them on? As for the blue tooth thing I might just forget about that, a good excuse to say "sorry I did'nt hear you!  Thanks for the heads up on the sportsbike shop but Bolton would be a bit of a treck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, slice said:

Thanks folks, had not thought about "new old stock" very cunning mate! I will do just that assuming I'm allowed to actually try them on? As for the blue tooth thing I might just forget about that, a good excuse to say "sorry I did'nt hear you!  Thanks for the heads up on the sportsbike shop but Bolton would be a bit of a treck.

SBS have got a few stores now mate not just oop north

2 hours ago, slice said:

Actually, it's not 'new old stock', they have a full range just for test rides...

20 hours ago, slice said:

Its ok, I work in Bolton so could try them on for you  😅

7 hours ago, drewpy said:

Its ok, I work in Bolton so could try them on for you  😅

Big kev "s from Bolton ,    you ever see him ,  

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

It's the only place he doesn't get lost

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

no, he's been quiet on facebook too

• 1 year later...