Crank Case Repair.

ScottLee
This post is 1135 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, can anyone recommend someone who can repair crank cases? The nearer to Yorkshire the better please.

Have a couple of DT175 cases that need some welding. There's been issues with parts coming loose internally and wreaking havoc adding new oil galleries, couple of small holes. Also, it appears that some idiot has split them with a hammer and a screwdriver, chipping and denting the casing and ruining the flush fitting.

Those sorts of repairs 😬

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sometimes a marketplace search on facebook reaps rewards.
I know of kickstart motorcycles in Manchester (If they are still going) they did some welding for me.
 Atherton  Creative engineering do ally welding too. I got them off facebook

Not in Yorkshire though

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, drewpy said:

sometimes a marketplace search on facebook reaps rewards.
I know of kickstart motorcycles in Manchester (If they are still going) they did some welding for me.
 Atherton  Creative engineering do ally welding too. I got them off facebook

Not in Yorkshire though

I don't do facebook but thanks for the suggestion👍

Not looking good for Kickstart either 😔

I found several down south so would have to post it off but would prefer somewhere I could drop off and collect in person to reduce the risk of losing them or them getting damaged in transit. Shame that, Manchester would have been doable 😑 

Thanks anyway 👍20210309_185052.jpg

Hi scott,

have you thought about replacing the crankcases,? might be a cheaper option.

Theres a pair of crankcases on ebay for a DT125MX which are identical. I know they are in Greece but even with customs it would be cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-dt125-dt-125-mx-1978-2A600-engine-casings-cases-motor/124306021524?hash=item1cf1375c94:g:R-AAAOSwH2Be3CHk

There was a thread a few years ago about the 125MX crankcase, and Airhead confirmed they are identical.

Might be worth thinking about?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NE0 said:

Hi scott,

have you thought about replacing the crankcases,? might be a cheaper option.

Theres a pair of crankcases on ebay for a DT125MX which are identical. I know they are in Greece but even with customs it would be cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-dt125-dt-125-mx-1978-2A600-engine-casings-cases-motor/124306021524?hash=item1cf1375c94:g:R-AAAOSwH2Be3CHk

There was a thread a few years ago about the 125MX crankcase, and Airhead confirmed they are identical.

Might be worth thinking about?

Thanks for the reply Neo, unfortunately this is the case with the engine number on and with the frame it's out of it's numbers matching.

I really want to try and save it. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online