Sorry, but just can't help it.

mike1949
This post is 1180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just came down from a shower, put in my head phones and resumed my Deezer favourites and first to come up was "the logical song" by Supertramp then followed by "black betty" by Ram Jam, now listening to "riders on the storm" by the doors. 60's bliss.
Next up is "spirit in the sky" by, any guesses?
Mike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
12 minutes ago, drewpy said:

Dr and the medics ;)

No Drewpy. Doc and the medics was a cover version of the original hit which was a gospel song.
Mike.

Now listening to "I'm a believer" by The ????
Mike.

Norman greenbaum? 

3 hours ago, mike1949 said:

Just came down from a shower, put in my head phones and resumed my Deezer favourites and first to come up was "the logical song" by Supertramp then followed by "black betty" by Ram Jam, now listening to "riders on the storm" by the doors. 60's bliss.
Next up is "spirit in the sky" by, any guesses?
Mike.

2 hours ago, mike1949 said:

No Drewpy. Doc and the medics was a cover version of the original hit which was a gospel song.
Mike.

Mike.

The monkees 🐒

Mike, if you haven't already you should consider downloading "Radio Caroline Flashback" radio app for your phone. It's ALL this type of music with no adverts at all. I have it on all the time. Be aware though there are TWO Radio carolines...one is Album tracks the other (Flashback) is the singles. 60's 70's and some 80's and early 90's. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Man, I loved Radio Caroline!

And the 'Hot and Heavy Express' on Metro Radio...

"Back to the show that will blow you private parts off!"

"Alan! Alan! Mary Whitehouse is coming!!!"

On 12/27/2020 at 8:09 PM, mike1949 said:

Mike.

Mike.

i know it was, hence the emoticon 

On 12/27/2020 at 10:50 PM, finnerz89 said:

Norman greenbaum? 

The monkees 🐒

it was shrek ;)

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:50 PM, finnerz89 said:

Norman greenbaum? 

The monkees 🐒

Yeah, well done finnerz

Mike.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, blackhat250 said:

Norman greenbomb....⛺

Well done Blackie.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:55 AM, NE0 said:

Mike, if you haven't already you should consider downloading "Radio Caroline Flashback" radio app for your phone. It's ALL this type of music with no adverts at all. I have it on all the time. Be aware though there are TWO Radio carolines...one is Album tracks the other (Flashback) is the singles. 60's 70's and some 80's and early 90's. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Cheers NEO, will certainly look into this. Radios Caroline and Luxemburg were my favourites in the early sixties. 
Mike.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:40 AM, drewpy said:

i know it was, hence the emoticon 

it was shrek ;)

Yeah right drewpy.
Mike.

Mike  " a song we sung  and thot it was brill  in 70"s  by Badfinger,   can you mind o  them,, ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1MZEDQbtA

45 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Mike  " a song we sung  and thot it was brill  in 70"s  by Badfinger,   can you mind o  them,, ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1MZEDQbtA

Wasn't it something like. If you want it, "come and get it"

• Like 1

YEH,,,  and "No matter what "    they wrote  "Without you"  Neilson  covered it, tragically 2 members Hung themselves

Y

3 hours ago, mike1949 said:

Cheers NEO, will certainly look into this. Radios Caroline and Luxemburg were my favourites in the early sixties. 
Mike.

You're welcome Mike,

Flashback is also available online, http://www.carolineflashback.co.uk/#home.html

happy new year to you

19 hours ago, NE0 said:

Y

You're welcome Mike,

Flashback is also available online, http://www.carolineflashback.co.uk/#home.html

happy new year to you

Cheers NEO, just tuned in online and I'm in heaven. Just listened to The Animals, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Roxy Music and then the Beatles 1964 song "I'll follow the sun" now slightly before my time but do remember it at school "Johnny Tillotson - Poetry in Motion" and now  Telstar by the one and only Tornados. Cheers again.
Mike.

Edited by mike1949

Enjoying Caroline again then Mike?

I stumbled across it about two years ago, and have it on most days.  I like the fact that there's no adverts and minimal DJ chat, having said I don't mind if it's longer chat, at least it's not mundane chat and it is about the music!  Unlike a lot of radio stations they don't play the same records over and over again, although you can hear the same ones often. All the DJ shows last 2 hours and the same show is repeated in the week (hence hearing the same records). weekends are varied but there's Dave Fosters retro chart show at 12. Never worked out how they pick the years chosen though! Then through the night until midday it's continuous records. Most of the records are the 60's and 70's (heavy on the 60's) some 80's and some early 90's . Caroline went off air in the early 90's.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Edited by NE0
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online