Quarter turn/quick action throttles

Cynic
This post is 1190 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know it's quiet on here now but the people I'm asking will still be popping in. 

As title. As father time and a mispent youth catch up I want to reduce the stress on my wrists and reducing the physical twist on the throttle would be a big help. 

There is everything from 40 quid specials to gold plated 500 quid tat for the posurs. 

There are a few in the 100 to 150 quid range that have an ajustable ratio that seems like a good idea. 

Anybody used something like this. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks like they start at about £15...

All it is is a bigger cam, the trick would be to find one with an elliptical cam that gives you fine control at low revs and ramps up quicker further round.

It's an interesting idea, I'd never heard of these before..!

• Like 1

That's what the ones I'm looking at have. 

Like I said the cheap shit is worthless. The mid/upper level types use a changeable ratio. 

From drag strip level where its almost switch like down to fast road. 

• I think I adapted my throttle tube on the FZ to make it more quick action.

I'll have a think on what I did or where I got the info from

found it, i grooved the pvc to keep the cable from jumping off (it never did but I felt it needed it)
https://www.kawiforums.com/threads/quick-turn-throttle-mod-with-pvc.122605/

• Like 1

Thats a neat little piece of work. I'll bear that in mind if my hands get any worse. Bit of arthritis, but plagued with trigger finger at the moment, and cant get either an NHS or private session to correct it in the foreseeable future. But I'm countin my blessings as so far we're covid free

Yeah, the arthritis is a bugger, I help mine out with this little doobery:

Oxford Cruise - Throttle Assist - SPORTSBIKESHOP

Not EXACTLY this one, but the same thing, works just fine, I don't have to grip as hard to stop my throttle slipping.

Not sure. 

The ones I'm looking at give standard operation for the first 40% then it ramps up to be fully open with 5 or 6 different options. 

The power delivery of my max (looks for all the world like headwork has been done amongst other stuff). Is way too brutal to make it more sensitive lower down. Would turn it into highside city. 

I need the low range to be normal but get full power without having to shift my grip to get full throttle. 

I've been looking for one for the DT, finding it difficult as need to make sure the oil pump still works properly off it. Plus it's only a single cable. 

Don't have the issue of power delivery though 😂

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online