Yamaha WR125R Can not start at all

Tzi
This post is 1224 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First of all i would like to introduce myself i am George, i own this beautiful bike and this is my first post :) . Now to the point that prevents me to enjoy my bike. One day the bike just didnt want to start at all after a chain tightment i made my self. The first problem i noticed was that the fuel pump was not priming at all and it didn't do that weird "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink" while the "checking" of lights on the dashboard was functional. It would crank over but no spark, no fuel priming. I teared apart the whole bike electrical system and changed the following: New wire harness with new diode/relays, new ignition key barrel, new fuel pump and still nothing. Of course firstly i checked all the possible factors that can lead to this malfunction such as sidestand switch, killer switch, relays (all the old tested according to manual and were fine), clutch switch etc. So after replacing ecu, wire harness, ignition key barrel and fuel pump i had the same results. That was the end from my side of searching and took it to a Yamaha dealer. It is over 2 months now still they can't find what is so wrong with my bike. The bike cranks but still no spark no fuel priming. They tested every possible factor that can lead to a dead situation like this ( they tested even the Crankshaft position sensor, ignition barrel, spark plug etc) according to the service manual.....Nothing.....They said me they see voltage coming to ECU but ECU is not signaling both fuel pump and igntion barrel. They tested with new ECU i brought even with my old..... same results. Either ecu also can not connect to their Yamaha Special Tool. Does anyone had same experience? All the parts came from working bike where it was checked so the possibility of "fried" Ecu for example is less that 0.00000001%. Most things like battery for example are brand new. The only thing that is not replaced is the negative battery grounding which is a "different" part from whole wire harness but it was checked also and found ok.... Forgot to mention dashboard is not new but still working and my speedo cable is damaged ( it is electrical wire not with simple wire). Any suggestions are just welcome and very thankful. Sorry for any inconvenience i may caused with my english is not my native language

Edited by Tzi
Mistake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online