Just aquired an XVS 125 Dragstar (no drag star in my eyes haha)

NorthantsPete
This post is 1232 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, just aquired a 2002 Dragstar with no service history- its fairly smooth,  a bit lumpy (i need to ride it more  i think its the style) and very heavy but ill get used to it.

I was just reading some posts about blocked breathers etc. and wondered if there is a decent oil it could use to prevent any sludge? Wet clutch i know doesnt like friction modifiers so need to be careful maybe you  all use a decent oil?

I plan to run premium fuel full time which will help other aspects - air filter i notice is partially covered by plastic, is this a max flow restriction? Should I cut it out and readjust the carb?

Any help appreciated, i do know the limitations here but every engine loves to breath easier, and id like a bit more top end for safety (miss 2 stroke days!)

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bad choice for any extra go, bar some kind of engineering miracle you got all that engine has to give, how it was designed. You will struggle to break it though.

Likely nothing more than a duf plug.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online