2021 MT-09 Thoughts?

Alex
This post is 1236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Well it's certainly an odd ad, but what do you think of the new MT?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

I'm really 50/50 on it, I'm not sure if it'll grow on me. Looks like they've fixed the annoying issue with the quick shifter light being perm on, rather than only lighting up if there's an issue. Wonder if they've finally fixed the suspension...

Tis a strange ad indeed!

I hate it when they flick from one clip to another, you can't get a decent look at the bike they're actually trying to sell you! lol

HMMM. Ugly. Not keen at all on this type of look, looks kind of unfinished, and I wouldn't want to try and hang on with no fairing. Seems a modern trend that to make machines rideable, you have to buy the "accessories", comfort seat/suspension etc

• Admin

Well Yamaha have put up 360 photos now https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-09/

Now I've seen it properly I don't like the light, much prefer the more aggressive look of the existing model. Love the dash though, wonder if I can make it fit my one...

Nothing that will drag me out of the 80's.

Probably the highpoint of motorcycles and their design. Every manufacturer distinctive with their own methods. Yam were playing with the genesis concept, Kawasaki had the big gpz'z and then the 1000RX (whoops). The speed hungry ZZR

Honda had sorted the vf issues with the vfr's and were on the point of ripping up the rulebook with the blade and had a 250 2 stroke (that we never got) the equal of the RGV engine.

Suzuki were slowly ruining the GSXR but had the glorious RGV 250.

Where is all that energy today, market research and focus groups has turned it into a world of average. 🥴

Now I've had a good look at it...
Just... No...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online