81 SR 250 flasher relay?

skystryd
This post is 1281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I expect somewhere within the bike is the flasher relay.  my problem is I have not found it!  google is little help for this year and model.  also online flashers show at least 3 different types ...so which/where are absent in my knowledge bank.

In looking for it I came across a strange 2 fuse plastic holder. One 20 long one short that seems to have no function.  regardless I got it apart and it does not want to go back together.
This is a semi duplicate of what I put in the 'newbies' section...but without the ""this is me"" stuff
I really could use a bit of help if someone knows what I am dealing with.

THX

-chuck

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
16 hours ago, skystryd said:

I expect somewhere within the bike is the flasher relay.  my problem is I have not found it!  google is little help for this year and model.  also online flashers show at least 3 different types ...so which/where are absent in my knowledge bank.

In looking for it I came across a strange 2 fuse plastic holder. One 20 long one short that seems to have no function.  regardless I got it apart and it does not want to go back together.
This is a semi duplicate of what I put in the 'newbies' section...but without the ""this is me"" stuff
I really could use a bit of help if someone knows what I am dealing with.

THX

-chuck

You should be looking at a flasher unit like the one in the picture with a plug like the other picture. According to a wiring diagram I've seen it's supposed to be on the left hand side near the ignition coil which will be right under the tank hanging off the frame (?)

I don't think i'm allowed to put up external links but if you search SR250 wiring diagram in google images it should show up.

Hope this is of some help. Somebody with more of an idea might be along soon... 🤓

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Flasher.jpg

As scott says ,  be under tank,  ,,  i just used   cheap  repro ones ,,Yam  N.O.S,,  are silly money,,,

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online