Christ on a bike!

ScottLee
This post is 1281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got this through the post yesterday via ebay. Promptly told the seller what I thought of it and to his credit he's sent me a replacement straight out.

Rear brake light switch and not a coat hanger if anyone's wondering 😳

20200922_172009.jpg

• Haha 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Apparently I was supposed to bend it back into shape? 🙄  I got the new one which he'd packaged so securely it took me ages to get into. I think he spat the dummy 😄

Anyway the replacement doesn't fit! It's really slack in the frame bracket and can't be secured and the metal is an inch and a half too long. When I looked up the part on the interwebs it says that it's for a 1978 RD250 or 400. (Well there's your problem!) 

Seller mentioned nothing in his advert about it being compatible or having to bend it back into shape or cut and bend it to fit, it was advertised to fit my model and year of DT. I'm really anal about these things, if it isn't right, it's wrong. So I do a return on Ebay and it says that I have to pay the sodding postage?  How's it my fault he sent me a bent one then a replacement that isn't the correct part anyway?

If the seller was honest from the outset, I wouldn't have bought it. 😡

I've bought a cheap Chinese one now, only for the spring that comes with it which will fit the decent switch that I already have which was also supposed to fit but came with too short a spring as it's for a later DT 🤣

23 minutes ago, Airhead said:

I'd just cut and bend the one thats too long! at least for now

I would have done but it's not even the right switch body to fit the frame and the metal is too wide a diameter to go through the eye on the footbrake lever so I've just ordered a cheap one from china that comes with a long enough spring that should do the job. I have another switch for a later DT that's the right size for the frame but the spring is shorter.

3 minutes ago, ScottLee said:

I would have done but it's not even the right switch body to fit the frame and the metal is too wide a diameter to go through the eye on the footbrake lever so I've just ordered a cheap one from china that comes with a long enough spring that should do the job. I have another switch for a later DT that's the right size for the frame but the spring is shorter.

Ahh ok

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online