DT175MX Bore Kit

ScottLee
This post is 1277 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone any knowledge of these aftermarket, Chinese bore Kits for the DT being sold on ebay?

They're just under £100 and was considering getting one to tide me over until I can get a proper one re-bored and painted.

20200919_060210.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Total crap shoot, it may be fine, it may not. Quality control is the problem.

I would use the 100 quid on getting a good one sorted with a decent piston, aircooled dt's can suffer with detonation from the ethanol in modern fuel and you need a decent piston to handle the temperature of the cylinder. Cheaper units with poorer ally will burn through.

That will cost you a bottom end rebuild, crank, bearings etc plus the bore and piston, found that out the hard (expensive) way.

• Like 1

Very informative thank you!

I have a decent, genuine, 175 bore it's got a piston with 100 stamped on it. Does that mean it's been rebored and that's an oversized piston? The piston Is a little loose at the bottom probably a mm overall so figure it would slap a bit if I use it in its current state.

Also, what's on it currently isn't right. It's a Yamaha 175 bore but whoever fitted it had to break some fins to get it on. As far as am aware all the 78 on side casings are the same, so it's not MX I don't think... Either way am getting rid of it as it's not right.

Thanks again for the replies 👍

20200927_094035.jpg

20200927_091523.jpg

Wow . thats rough ,,  aftermarket pistons for the dt175 are cheap,,  Matika  is common,  i dont see the point in buying NO,S.   For big ££  ,as its a servicable item,,,,And over sizes  usually staped near front on crown,,,0.50     1.00  etc,,,

• Like 1

i got a chinese kit for an Aprillia SR50 and had to dress the rough edges, but it was great and got 40 mph from the bike 

• Like 2