DT175MX 1978 Loom Help

ScottLee
This post is 1281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new member looking for some help please...

Putting together 1978 DT175 and have the correct loom but the bike am restoring didn't come with a loom and I haven't got a clue how to route it properly. Have scannedmany  images and watched loads of videos but haven't seen anything detailed enough yet.

Can anyone point me to an image set or video that explains in detail what to do please? Ideally some close up pictures from another DT would be really helpful if anyone has one and is willing?

Am also seeking clarification on the location of various bits such as CDI, flasher unit, rectifier and condenser please...

Thanks in advance. 👍

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Scott, I can't help you with your query, but as you're finding out, the site has gone quiet over the last while.

There is a fb site with the same name, and I note that questions get answered there a bit quicker.

Good luck on your search

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmy said:

Scott, I can't help you with your query, but as you're finding out, the site has gone quiet over the last while.

There is a fb site with the same name, and I note that questions get answered there a bit quicker.

Good luck on your search

I don't do Facebook 🤮 Thanks anyway. Feel free to post a link there if you like though. 😜

We're in the last days of the good weather and everyone is probably out enjoying their bikes. I have faith that some nice person will eventually read this and help out... 🤞☺️

That and I'm not in a hurry as it won't be on the road until next year and I have plenty of other jobs to do. Waiting on tools and parts still. Apparently it's quicker to order parts from Australia and Thailand than the US. 🙄

Managed to score some rare parts but they cost me a kidney. 😧

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Scott,

International Rescue here.!  I've also got a DT 175 MX 1978 round tube swinging arm bike. I've got a photo of the loom under the tank if that helps, and I'm more than willing to take my tank off and photo around for you.

I'm familiar with the electrics of this bike, see one of my main popular posts on 12v conversion if you're interested.

I can send you the photos, if you PM me if thats any help. Plus if you happen to reside on the South Coast I could simply show you.

• Like 4

On 9/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, NE0 said:

Hi Scott,

International Rescue here.!  I've also got a DT 175 MX 1978 round tube swinging arm bike. I've got a photo of the loom under the tank if that helps, and I'm more than willing to take my tank off and photo around for you.

I'm familiar with the electrics of this bike, see one of my main popular posts on 12v conversion if you're interested.

I can send you the photos, if you PM me if thats any help. Plus if you happen to reside on the South Coast I could simply show you.

Oh wow that would be awesome if you would thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

Cheers for the link, funny enough it was while looking for pictures with the the loom in it that I came across your thread on the conversion and went through all of it looking for some clues and that's what lead me here to this forum. 😄

Edit: Oh and nowhere near the south coast sadly, thanks for the offer though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online