SR125 irregular indicator flash - suggestions?

Lolorides

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions re. a problem I'm having with my SR125?  Out riding the other day I noticed that the indicators are acting odd.  Sometimes there's a delay before they come on when the switch is pressed, and sometimes they start as normal but have odd pauses between the flashes every so often. All seems to work normally with just the electrics turned on, but with the engine running, even just standing in the garage, the odd random pausing starts again.  I've checked the battery has plenty of charge, tried a new indicator relay and I've found nothing loose in the wiring (but haven't yet managed to trace the earth wire back into the body of the bike). 

Does anyone have experience of anything similar, or knows what the problem could be?

I'd be grateful for all suggestions, as I can't take her out on the road again until this is sorted.  

Lolo

• 1 month later...

Well, luckily, it's a 125 or my idea probably wouldn't have had a chance of working...

Turn the power on but don't start the engine, then give the bike a damn good shake/bounce anything you can do, if it does it then, it's a loose 'something'.

Does it happen on all 4 indicators? Or just some of them?