RD`S Carbs

Ant1969
This post is 1320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just fitted some RD carbs onto a YDS5 engine which I had to modify the carbs so they would fit on the stubs but I seem to be having issues of flooding the engine and petrol coming out the exhaust. I have checked the floats and they worked fine and I have put the top notch on the needle. That made no difference could it be the jet that need changing or could it be the throttle slides are to high but there in no adjustment left  on the throttle cable.

IMG20200815111237.jpg

IMG20200813144653.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That rear view " slide are way too high. it will rev its nuts off on start-up.. i think it coz you have the High  tops on  ,this shortens he cable reach,,,the  flooding is probably the needle valves

Thanks for the reply got the slides down the same without the throttle cables fitted  but still revs high could it be blockage or would be as I have no air filter fitted?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online