HELP XT125R Owners

Trevors
This post is 1334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello 👋 

I've just got myself a Yamaha XT 125 R (2007) but unfortunately I didn't get an owners manual for it. 

I would love to own one if anyone had a spare I could buy but what I wanted to know right know is exactly how the speedometer / clocks operate. 

If anyone has one and could photo a few pages and send them to me that would be a huge help. 

Thanks guys 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
1 hour ago, Trevors said:

wanted to know right know is exactly how the speedometer / clocks operate. 

Welcome Trevors, see if this helps you.

Your speedometer is digital on your bike which is not a lot different to a bicycle/pushbike speedo. In that it has no moving parts as such. It's just a little computer displaying data from sensors on the bike. The speedo sensor is on a lead which detects the rotations of a moving part, this is generally the front wheel just like a bicycle. It uses a few mathmatical calculations, diameter of the wheel / revolutions etc and works out the speed and distance travelled of the wheel. The maths is part of a program stored within the silicone chips mounted on the internal circuit boards within the instrument. These calculations are then displayed on the digital readout in front of you.

In the past motorbikes used a mechanical method. This included a rotating spigot with a type of gear wheel incorporated within a housing on the front wheel, which was turned by the action of the front axle/wheel , this rotated a length of speedo cable which connected the front wheel to the  speedo clocks. Within the dashboard instrument, was another set of cogs which were rotated by the 'spinning' speedo cable which in turn caused the speedo needle to move and the mileometer to count upwards. The size of the cogs, number of teeth,  ratios, rpms also gave a 'mathmatical calculation, although In most cases the speedo displayed much faster speeds than you were actually doing!!

Meanwhile, why not pop over to the intro section for new members if you intend to hang around. (many people seem to post a question or two and never post again)

Edited by NE0

As regards to your request for a manual , one of the rules is not to post links

However, you''ll find what you need on Goggle!

Just type in "xt125r manual" and you'll be surprised what you can find, i did it and I found what you were looking for. I must confess I'm a little surprised you didn't try that first. Good luck

On 7/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, NE0 said:

As regards to your request for a manual , one of the rules is not to post links

However, you''ll find what you need on Goggle!

Just type in "xt125r manual" and you'll be surprised what you can find, i did it and I found what you were looking for. I must confess I'm a little surprised you didn't try that first. Good luck

Wow Neo, thanks for the help. 

I maybe didn't explain myself too well. 

I wanted to know how the menus work on the clocks, I see you can scroll through them using the blue function button but can't work out what all of them do. 

I also wanted to know how to swap from Motard to Enduro as mine seems to be set up wrong although I'm not 100% sure because I don't have a manual to refer to (neither does Google) 

Not sure what the issue is with asking for a copy of it. Yamaha provide free downloads for loads of bikes off the website, unfortunately for my bike it's only available in Hungarian for some reason...