Hi all

This post is 1330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just wanted to say hi and see if I could post photos of my bikes:

https://app.photobucket.com/u/ma701apm/p/659406d1-bb50-4725-a186-59ee66ffc0ce

no Idea if this'll work.

I currently ride a SR125 but Im transitioning to a XT125R which I am led to believe has the YBR125 engine. I picked up the bike second hand and in parts and I now have a running bike, but I cant find any XT125R speedos so that will be a fun conversion.

Nice to meet you all...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi  there   , I think the sr    is the Hardier bike,, ,,,:welcome:

• Like 1

Hi Blackhat, I dont suppose you could say why you think the SR is hardier?

The only reason I am moving away from the SR is because I keep breaking valves and they are expensive and getting hard to find so I was hoping the YBR engine would be easier...

Plus its seating position is so low that I find it uncomfortable.

Hi and welcome to the YOC.😀

4 hours ago, UglierBoss said:

The only reason I am moving away from the SR is because I keep breaking valves and they are expensive and getting hard to find so I was hoping the YBR engine would be easier...

My boy ran an SR for a couple of years. It was over 20 yrs old when he got it. Bullet proof wee engine with absolutely no mechanical issues. The ECU, now that was a different matter, he went through 3 of those (although we were replacing 20 odd year old part with other parts the same age....)

If you keep breaking valves I would suggest that is something you or a PO have done to set the timing way out

Welcome to the forum btw, and a great user name 😀😀

As for a speedo, you're probably best to go aftermarket. It's a common change on those bikes. 

Trailtech Vapour is a popular choice. I've got one on my DT.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online