Mackem Mick

This post is 1338 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Just bought a 1998 FZS 600 and was wondering if there are any disabled riders out there who know of any way to extend the gear lever?  Following an accident I cannot bend my left leg beyond 85 degrees.  The seat height is about right, but I can't twist my leg enough to use the gear lever without causing pain in my leg.  Any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum

Have you spoken with NABD. My mate had a serious accident about 20yrs ago, losing both a leg, and an arm. They helped him set up a sidecar with adaptations

Hi Mick, as above I am a member of N.A.B.D and they will help if they can go here http://www.nabd.org.uk/ talk to the ladies in the office and explain what your problem might be and they will contact their suppliers and see what if anything they can do. Really nice folks and always willing to help if they can. Not sure about the costs involved but they do have loads of experience with ex-forces personnel with all sorts of missing or damaged limbs. Good luck mate.

[email protected] use this for general enquiries. this is the phone number Tel: 0844 415 4849 but they prefer an email to get the ball rolling!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online