1994 YZF750R coolant issue

Fritzer108
This post is 1349 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I took the bike out for a spin yesterday and checked the coolant levels once I was back and it was cooled off. I filled the radiator before and after removing the cap, the radiator was only half full. What surprised me is that the bike didn't overheat (70 C all the way). My reservoir under the seat was full and I couldn't find any wet spots one bike, unless they evaporated. Even then, I did not notice anything after turning the bike off. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you let the engine vent first or just fill the rad and be done with it.

You need to run the engine without the rad cap to bleed out the air trapped in the system typically behind the thermostat.

Still the same problem...I let the engine run with the radiator cap off and topped off the radiator. I took it for a run and my radiator is now only 3/4 full....the reservoir is full. When I got back, it spit out a puddle of coolant on the garage floor. My radiator cap keeps it pressurized nicely, but it still likes to spit out of the overflow. I am sure that my cooling system is hooked up correctly. My temp never went above 70 C. 

Are there any bleed points on the system at all?

Ok, how much fluid did you start with in the header tank. Water is supposed to vent out into the header tank and then when its cooling down pull it back.

Does the level in the header tank change?

• 2 weeks later...

Some bikes (my 675 Triumph included), prefer to run at absolute minimum in the expansion tank.

I wouldn't fill it to max in either case. Just above the minimum line should be enough then see what happens 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online