1981 XJ 650 firing order

JakeP
This post is 1397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have recently completed a complete restoration of a XJ650H (Maxim). Tried to start it the other day for the first time and not a single hint of it trying to start. Checked and have spark. Did not see any indication of fuel on the plugs so off to the interI I went. Ended up removing the carbs and cleaned again, checked  float height and found no anomalies. Reinstalled the carbs this time not connecting to the airbox. No dice on starting again not even a sputter. Now I was questioning myself do I have the correct plug wires going to the correct coils. So back to the internet. Found a conversation that cylinder 1and 4 are the left coil with the orange primary and 2& 3 are the right coi, with gray primary. Changed to this configuration and started with a short duration hit of the starter. Tank was not on the bike so sucked the bowls dry. Installed the tank and bike would not srart even with primer on .

Want to make sure that 1 and 4 are the left coil with orange primary and 2 and 3 are right coil with gray primary.

If someone would confirm that for an 81 XJ650H it would be appreciated 

Thanks

Cynic, moved to its own thread.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online