Hello

This post is 1372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First post, I can't believe I have never been on this site before, I have had XS's for 17 years. Current bike XS 850 with a rebuild XS 850 just started, I bought it 12 years ago as someone's stalled project, for spares or rebuild and has been virtually untouched since. Lockdown has prompted a relook at it. This will be an 'economy' rebuild,  

I live in the far north of Scotland so don't get to many meetings although I did go to the Yorkshire Pudding Rally in 2017. Round trip of 930 miles, I was the only XS triple there. The highlight of my weekend was getting the bus into York for some 'culture' and a beer, (yes I am boring). Last year went to 'Thunder in the Glen'.

I have taken the bike to the Continent nine times, mostly Germany, Belgium and Holland, been round the Nordschleiffe, terrifying. Went to Assen Moto GP in 2009, great time.  I meet up with the German Triples IG (Interested Group)at various locations in Germany for their Treffen (rally). Last October we had a stand at the Stafford Show so no trip to Germany. This year I don't know if I will be away due to COVID, we shall see.

Ken.

My XS yamaha 850 reduced.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum matey. I used to run an xs1100, and loved it 

• Like 1

:welcome: Ken, did the NW500 a few years ago, loved it.
Nice the 850 although I have a soft spot for the 750. I think it was the colours it were in.

Do you get to go to the Bonfest at Kirriemuir?

• Like 1

Nice intro,,    i"v done thunder  in the glen,[ on  a 2stroke triple],  wheres you based ,,.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Nice intro,,    i"v done thunder  in the glen,[ on  a 2stroke triple],  wheres you based ,,.

that's smoking in the gloaming 🤣

• Haha 2

Hi Ken, welcome to the YOC. 😀

51 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Having followed that triple, sure the 'thunder in the glen' wasn't you?

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:17 PM, drewpy said:

:welcome: Ken, did the NW500 a few years ago, loved it.
Nice the 850 although I have a soft spot for the 750. I think it was the colours it were in.

Do you get to go to the Bonfest at Kirriemuir?

I've not been to Kirriemuir, yet. I live 50 yards off the A9 on the NW500. 

On 6/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, Cynic said:

Having followed that triple, sure the 'thunder in the glen' wasn't you?

I am more of a murmur in the glen, lol. I am based in Golspie.