Soft saddle bags Yamaha YZF600R

This post is 1382 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! Im new on this site, so I hope this is right place. I need a little bit of help. I bought soft saddle bags for my Yamaha YZF600R. Richa Twin: https://www.motonet.fi/fi/tuote/3826...ut-mustaharmaa and I have a problem. How do it assemble those to my bike that way that those stay on and dont fly away on higher speed? Also I would like to assemble bags comfortable enough for a passenger too. Is that even possible? Hope somebody can help me...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have a soft set on my fz600 . mine have a strap and this is fitted under the seat to get trapped there. this holds them in place

you can put some bungie cords to stop the bottom flapping around

Thanks for your reply. :) My bags came with 2 straps and 2 bungie cords. I tried to place straps under the seat, but then the seat don´t get locked correctly. Also I´m little worried if I put those to my bike, my tail fairings could get scratches. Bungie cords are all right and I can put those under the tail. And other problem is that if I put the bags on to my bike, theres no leg room for a passenger, but I guess I´m using bags only when driving alone or with other bikers.

Edited by tjoutsin
added some text

Quite often its a choice between the 2, pillion or luggage. Either because of space, or the tail is built down to the minimum to be light. Get the pillion to wear a backpack.

Buy a cheap role of that anti slip matting (often used for keeping a sat nav from rolling on a car dash). Put a piece of that between pannier and bike contact points to help reduce marking.

If the straps on the pannier bags don’t fit under your pillion seat then I would just get creative with my own straps to make sure they are secure.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online