YBR125 poor pick up

neandethal
This post is 1384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently bought a 2013 EFI YBR125 and it seems to have a fault, but no error lights (The light does work on first turning of the key, so not a bulb issue). The bike starts first or second stab of the starter button and ticks over lovely and quiet, BUT is is really fluffy at picking up when cold and nearly stalls, so to be clear it doesn't increase revs cleanly, it has massive lag. Once it's ticked over for a few minutes it goes away and runs fine, and picks up cleanly. Air filter is spotless, plug looks OK if a little rich, has fuel. Is this "Normal" for cheap injected bikes, was expecting a nice clean pick up and pull away from the off?? 

Any advice/views greatly appreciated, as i have some long runs planned. Cheers Ian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

7 years old, I suppose the injector could do with a clean. There are a few people who have ridden a lot of miles on the lil ybr. So info should soon be forthcoming.

Considering the epic your planning on I have to admit, I would have gone with an older bike with a carb. One can of bad fuel in some middle of nowhere hole and your stuck. With a carb you can fix it anywhere.

• Like 1

Stick some V power in it and give it a damn good thrashing, Basil Fawlty style.

It might just need a good clear out

• Haha 1

An  old C90    would be my weapon of choice ,,as  most country"s   have parts,  and its DIY.    no   CDI    or  Circuitry   ,, 

4 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

An  old C90    would be my weapon of choice ,,as  most country"s   have parts,  and its DIY.    no   CDI    or  Circuitry   ,, 

By that logic a donkey would be better 😂

• Haha 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online