Yamaha FZ8 '12 gearbox/engine whine

nJoy.
This post is 1389 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I hope I am posting in the right forum.

So I have this question about my Yamaha FZ8 '12. I noticed whine coming from the gearbox or the engine. Can't really make it out. I am not sure if this was there before or not. I have recorded a video, maybe it will help. I am not sure if this is normal and should I worry or not. Nothing else seems off. Bike is at 30k km.

Thanks for helping out!

Video Link: 

Edited by nJoy.
more info

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
19 minutes ago, neversaydie said:

Sounded normal to me, perhaps a little rattley, that could the cam chain, perhaps the tensioner is between clicks

Thanks for your reply. Is this something I should really be worried and checked ASAP? Also not sure if this has anything to do with the sound. It's time to change my oil, I am holding back so that if I would need to get it to mechanic oil wouldn't be just wasted, could this have an effect?

Thanks again and sorry for silly questions 🤣

sounds ok to me too.
I'd give it a service, when are the valves due to be checked?

14 minutes ago, drewpy said:

sounds ok to me too.
I'd give it a service, when are the valves due to be checked?

By the manual it's at 40000 km mark. If my odometer is to believe mine is at 30000 km, so 10000 to go. If owner before me didn't tamper with odometer as it sometimes happens to be... But it should be fine as all the documentation and service inervals look okay.

• Like 1

Sounds pretty normal to me too, not even a lot of top end noise.

Have you had the bike long, im guessing its a recent buy?

Just now, Cynic said:

Sounds pretty normal to me too, not even a lot of top end noise.

Have you had the bike long, im guessing its a recent buy?

I've owned it for almos a year, put in around 10000km on it. Didn't really payed much attention last season. It actually might just be me. When I get used to my vehicle I tend to start noticing all the small sounds 😅. But thanks for re assuring me! And thanks a lot for answering in this topic. Amazing community! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online