Jump to content
cartin

stuttering engine

Recommended Posts

Greatings from Denmark 

i have issues with my 21 year old yamaha 600 Fazer.

it is almost like my engine stutters, when arround 3000 rpm it stalls and dies when i give it more throttle. 

 

Anyone who have solved same issue?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds fuel related.....or filters..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much information to go on. You dont say how long youve had the bike, when it was last serviced, when it was last used, but it sounds initially like carburetors require cleaning. You need to check plugs for sparking, exhaust downpipes for heating, if the fuel is old, change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, blackhat250 said:

Sounds fuel related.....or filters..

have tried to replace the fuel filter no succes 😞 

Hi sorry for the missing information

i have had the bike for several year and drives it all year. last service was around 45.000 now 60.000

today i changed the fuel filter, wiht no result other than when i give it throttle it dies....

 

Edited by cartin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cartin said:

have tried to replace the fuel filter no succes 😞 

Hi sorry for the missing information

i have had the bike for several year and drives it all year. last service was around 45.000 now 60.000

today i changed the fuel filter, wiht no result other than when i give it throttle it dies....

 

 

i emtphied the tank and screw loose the filter and cleaned this aswell but still no tork. I have ordered new spark plugs airfilter, so i´m exited to see if this has influence, and i have also adjusted TPC to the right level...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

check inlet manifold for cracks and leaks by spraying easy start around there to see if the revs rise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, drewpy said:

check inlet manifold for cracks and leaks by spraying easy start around there to see if the revs rise.

i can´t give the bike revelations, the engine dies when trying to throttle up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cartin said:

i can´t give the bike revelations, the engine dies when trying to throttle up

didn't say you need to throttle up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...