stuttering engine

cartin
This post is 1392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greatings from Denmark 

i have issues with my 21 year old yamaha 600 Fazer.

it is almost like my engine stutters, when arround 3000 rpm it stalls and dies when i give it more throttle. 

Anyone who have solved same issue?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not much information to go on. You dont say how long youve had the bike, when it was last serviced, when it was last used, but it sounds initially like carburetors require cleaning. You need to check plugs for sparking, exhaust downpipes for heating, if the fuel is old, change it.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, blackhat250 said:

Sounds fuel related.....or filters..

have tried to replace the fuel filter no succes 😞 

Hi sorry for the missing information

i have had the bike for several year and drives it all year. last service was around 45.000 now 60.000

today i changed the fuel filter, wiht no result other than when i give it throttle it dies....

Edited by cartin

3 hours ago, cartin said:

have tried to replace the fuel filter no succes 😞 

Hi sorry for the missing information

i have had the bike for several year and drives it all year. last service was around 45.000 now 60.000

today i changed the fuel filter, wiht no result other than when i give it throttle it dies....

i emtphied the tank and screw loose the filter and cleaned this aswell but still no tork. I have ordered new spark plugs airfilter, so i´m exited to see if this has influence, and i have also adjusted TPC to the right level...

check inlet manifold for cracks and leaks by spraying easy start around there to see if the revs rise.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, drewpy said:

check inlet manifold for cracks and leaks by spraying easy start around there to see if the revs rise.

i can´t give the bike revelations, the engine dies when trying to throttle up

1 hour ago, cartin said:

i can´t give the bike revelations, the engine dies when trying to throttle up

didn't say you need to throttle up

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online