Newbe from the UK

JefK
This post is 1426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Newbe to forums that is.

Hi all. Just joined the forum in the hope of finding an MT 03 660 community.

I recently bought a 2006 MT 03 after being off the bike for 10 years or so. Not my first Yamaha, I started out on a TZR 125 and had a 250 LC for many years. Then went out into the wilderness with a couple of Ducati Monsters. However, wanted a gentle re introduction to bikes without the Italian service regime. Didn't even know these bikes existed until I realised I couldn't afford an XSR700 right away and started looking further afield. The idea of the YAM 660 single in a little road bike was too tempting to pass up and I found a nice low miles one for sensible money. Although its pretty clean, it appears the bike has been used as a commuter on a shoestring budget all its life so I am giving it some of the love its been missing out on.

Little photo of the bike with my young apprentice (and also one of the reasons I haven't had a bike for 10 years) looking chuffed that we finally got the (original) drive sprocket off to replace with much needed shiny new parts.

Jef

MT 03 T-Bomb_LI1.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got 2 bike excuses myself so I know what you mean, managed to keep hold of mine although (bikes and kids) I have had my turns as 'full time year round rider' and the 'done 80 miles a year' too, as finances changed.

Looks like a 'fun in the twisties type. Welcome to the farm.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online