79’ DT 175 info

Losborne
This post is 1438 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, newbie here.

I just purchased a 79’ DT 175 that had no papers and no title with it. I’m trying to get it street legal but have no idea how to go about doing that. A lot of people have talked about going through Vermont to get it registered.  I would also like to find the VIN if I could but can’t seem to do that after looking the bike over pretty hard.  
Is there a place it usually is?  I have a frame and motor serial number which is 2A7-001###.  
Can anyone speak to any of this?  Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There is no vin for a bike from 1979, vin numbers did not exist.

Where did you get the number from, it should be stamped on the top of the right hand side engine case. The frame will be stamped on the headstock as always, right hand side can be covered by powdercoat/paint etc or worn by blasting. There should be something visible. 

Mod note. I hid some of your frame number. Its only the first 3 letters and numbers you need for identifying the bike model.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online