Hello..

This post is 1426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there,

New to the forum, just wanted to say hello.. Based just south of Gloucester. I've got a Kawasaki Z as my main bike but have picked up a Yamaha XT 125R for fun and maybe some light green laning kind of thing.. It's a bit of a turkey but planning on overhauling a it a bit. So there'll be some questions and queries heading your way..

Cheers..

K.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Top o"The mornin to yeh"  [  or eve],,    sounds like a good build thread,,   wheres in eire   were you from :welcome:

• Like 1

Welcome, don't want a minter for greenlining. With an ugly duckling you will enjoy the lanes far more.

Mechanicals need to be 100%. The last thing when your covered in mud, wet and cold, 20 miles from the van in a field is a dead bike.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:56 PM, blackhat250 said:

Top o"The mornin to yeh"  [  or eve],,    sounds like a good build thread,,   wheres in eire   were you from :welcome:

Originally Dublin. Via Kerry (Right down south of the country), Leitrim (This side of the border), Armagh (T'other side of the border), Wicklow (Mountains south of Dublin) and then Dublin again.. Been this side of the water about 17 years now.. :)

On 5/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, Cynic said:

Welcome, don't want a minter for greenlining. With an ugly duckling you will enjoy the lanes far more.

Mechanicals need to be 100%. The last thing when your covered in mud, wet and cold, 20 miles from the van in a field is a dead bike.

Yeah, cosmetic wise I'm not too fussy tbh, but as you said - mechanically, I can't stand an unreliable bike and rather not take the chance of getting stranded..

Reckon I'll start with overhauling the brakes and carb.. There were charging issues, so I've picked up a new stator, reg/rec and battery. Everything else (so far) seems relatively sound, so I'll do the bits mentioned, see how she goes and then create a to do list..

K.

• Like 2