Hi from Melbourne, Aus! Just bought a MT07HO, oops, it's a LAMS (Restricted)! Haha.

This post is 1430 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi crew! 

I just found out this place existed! 

My very first bike was a black-on-black Honda VTR250 purchased from a dealer, second hand. It was fantastic. My next and much loved bike was a classic blue/silver Yamaha R3, which I found incredibly versatile and have praised before, even touring on it! You can read about that at http://adamch.com/great-ocean-road-trip/

I'm keen to remain within the Yamaha stable, perhaps even looking at a MT09 Tracer down the road, but for now was looking at a MT07HO (unrestricted). Love the Tracer 7, but it's not sold unrestricted in Aus, and the recent facelift model isn't coming here. So the plan was to get a normal MT07 for now and "tracerise it" with aftermarket farkles later.

On the ride home I noticed my bike was pulling like a monster down low but really ran out of puff up high, rowing through a few gears in the top half of the rev band didn't give anywhere near the same gut-punch as rowing through them down low.  My sneaking suspicions started to creep in. I got home, checked the throttle stop, and yep, restrictor in place. After a few posts around the traps to confirm, then pulling off the airbox to look at an intake restrictor (no mean task on these) it's certain. I was sold a lemon.

Anyway, totally stoked with the torque. If the MT07 was my first ever bike I probably would have been in a spot of bother in short order, it's a beast. If I can sort out a HO and get that to pull like that all the way up? Whooeee, I'll be happy for some time to come I'd imagine.

Looking forward to discussing gear and such when this is sorted!  RIP!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online