Yamaha TDM 900 - Touring

Conman2304
This post is 1441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Fairly new rider here and new to the forum.  Absolutely loving the TDM I treated myself, and I (was) planning some tours this year before this damn virus hit!  I have a GIVI topbox on my TDM and want some additional luggage but not sure whether a full pannier rack and luggage is necessary or whether a tail seat bag would do the trick.  Weekend tours only at this stage so I'm thinking I don't need too much capacity.  Can anyone advise from their own experience?

Trying to upload a photo of my bike but cant workout how to get past this 2MB file size limit!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hard luggage every time, yes filtering can be tricky but being able to stop mid tour and sightsee knowing your kit is relatively safe locked on the bike is worth its weight in gold. 

You will never have enough storage, personally I have 2 givi side cases (and want a third) with a top case mount on the rear rack. 2 cases to wherever I go, then leave one at the digs and use the other to keep 'stuff', gives you somewhere to dump your gloves and jacket too. And means you can filter like a demon again.

edit, for photos the club does have a facebook page, Yamaha Owners Club UK, post them there then post the link on here, easy. 

hard luggage for me too, when I went to spain etc, just unhook them at destination and walk in like a suitcase.

they are safer like Cynic says so brew stops are less fraught .

Say hello on http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php loads of info for you there too

Another vote for hard luggage. I fill the panniers and aim to keep the top box near empty for any bike gear I want to leave on the bike when walking around. Hard luggage makes great tables and chairs if you’re camping too.

I had soft luggage on a previous bike and used to hate leaving my bike alone for even a quick toilet break during a fuel stop.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online