New Female Rider

This post is 1443 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Stephanie, I am from NYC. I will be buying a 2020 Yamaha MT-03 within the next few days (I am upgrading from a 2019 Yamaha Smax). I am new to riding a motorcycle with gears but certainly know most of the basics, I understand a lot has to do with muscle memory more than anything. Of course, if any one has any tips/tricks and info or any good details to share about the Yamaha MT 03 please let me know!

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: stephanie
key thing is to relax on the bike, everything becomes smoother then

28 minutes ago, drewpy said:

:welcome: stephanie
key thing is to relax on the bike, everything becomes smoother then

yep, don't try and keep what actual gear you are in in your head. Just go with need to gear up, or down. Then when you stop just rattle them all back to the bottom. Which should be first, after a while it will be automatic.

You will stall out or bog badly, you will miss a couple, you will see the revs hit the limiter. Goes with the territory. Don't get disheartened, it wont hurt a healthy mt03, learning from your mistakes is the way with motorcycles. 

• Like 2

Hi

Welcome to the forum. As above take your time and don't fret the small stuff

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online