XVS 650 and scary noises

Vakha
This post is 1455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I got myself xvs 650 1997 34k KM about year ago and everything seemed to be fine. Last year November I did the oil change, drove few KM and put it away for winter. Roughly month ago I took it out and went for a ride. Came back and noticed that engine is somewhat louder. It could be that oil I used is different hence the noise difference ( I had extremely noisy suzuki once and my virago was not much better in that regard). It seems like its been getting louder the more I ride. I slapped some 20W 50 in it today and noise wise it sounds about same ( does shift smoother though). Maybe its just my paranoia but it would be great if someone could shed some light on it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuC83yUpd5U&feature=youtu.be

Sorry about the bad video quality. Bike is parked underground and everything there sounds louder. Il take a new one tomorrow outside. Or maybe all those sounds are normal.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online