Engine numbers?!

Scottishjenny
This post is 1475 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all.

I have a Dt175mx, apparently. There's no frame number as its come off when I tried taking the layers of paint off with sanding it... 🙈 

I have the engine number 1F9006545.

Can anyone tell me what I actually have as the flywheel on the magneto is missing its magnets and it seems to be for a 50 from the numbers on it. I have pictures but I'm not sure how to upload them... 

Thanks! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1F9 is the prefix for a dt125 twin shock, basically an AT2 bar some detail differences.

The frame number is stamped pretty deep it should show still even if its just shadows in the bare metal.

Hi Cynic,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm away to have another trawl for more info.  The frame number has mostly gone and I really can't make out anything.  It looks like it could have been ground off at some point...  The magneto flywheel on it is for a 50 and it's missing the magnets. There's a DT125 magneto on ebay, but it's possibly for a later model.  Do you have any idea if they're interchangable?  I suspect it's going to be a case of try it and see.  ;) 

Thanks again.

There is a Yamaha owners club facebook page, search Yamaha Owners Club uk.

Photos easiest there.

4 hours ago, Scottishjenny said:

Hi Cynic,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm away to have another trawl for more info.  The frame number has mostly gone and I really can't make out anything.  It looks like it could have been ground off at some point...  The magneto flywheel on it is for a 50 and it's missing the magnets. There's a DT125 magneto on ebay, but it's possibly for a later model.  Do you have any idea if they're interchangable?  I suspect it's going to be a case of try it and see.  ;)

Thanks again.

Tricky one, the 125/175 models are for the same model year almost identical bar cc, number of cyl head nuts and an extra clutch plate in I think the same clutch basket. So if its the right age from a 6v bike it should fit fine.

Jenni 

Look up postimages.com 

Free to sign up and once you upload pictures to it all you need to do is copy the link for "hotlink for forums" and paste that in your post 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online