YOC 2020

Cynic
This post is 1290 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I don’t think I’ll be able to make a meet-up that weekend. Really sorry.

Good luck in trying to find some accommodation - tourist hotspots are just manic right now. I have managed to find a campsite in Devon for a week mid-August, but I think it was just pure luck. Places were becoming unavailable as I was searching. I know it’s going to be mental down that way (typically I would holiday there during school time), but I’m just desperate for a change of scenery.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Things aint looking good, thats Abredeen  outa bounds now,, passed thru on Sunday ,, HOWS things on the west coast Jim,,  i see the A83 ]  closed again [Landslide ],,

Just had a mate come back from a quick break near where we are going, sorry to say but some of the hotels are charging 2 or 3 times the usual rates for just a room and even then he said that you can get bumped if someone offers more! So I am going to stand back from this years run out, I won't pay through the nose for someone to then ask for more, F**K sake you would think they would honour a contract. So if you all go then best of luck and have fun but not happening for me.

Makes me cross to think that by helping out local buisnesses they then get all grabby for a short term gain. (Steps down from soap box!) :soapbox:

• Like 2

Not quite on the same lines but I'm going on a ride out on Sunday morning, meeting in Coventry at 8.30. Heading out to  Snowdonia, around 200 miles i believe, all welcome. Just a 250cc min, i think?.

If anybody wants to know more and maybe tag along give me a shout. 

edit. just checked, more like 340, plus getting to cov.

We were gonna book a Static  over in Fort william,, ,[ Rodney  " the quiet one Jase"]

said   one left ,and its a GRAND   a week, stuff them,,  everyone will go abroad next year,  afterthese leeches take advantage,,

guys,

I've booked camping Matlock on the 4th and 5th at square and compass is anyone wants to join me.

I still have the route on sat nav you guys did last time as I didn't get to do it.

2 hours ago, drewpy said:

guys,

I've booked camping Matlock on the 4th and 5th at square and compass is anyone wants to join me.

I still have the route on sat nav you guys did last time as I didn't get to do it.

Sounds good, I think I'm free that weekend

27 minutes ago, finnerz89 said:

Sounds good, I think I'm free that weekend

have you booked on yet Finnerz?

Wont be able to check with work till Monday earliest, even then im not sure of the response. May just be for Sat night, with luck i will get sat and friday free, will let you know as soon as i do.

• Like 1

have you booked on yet Finnerz?

Not yet.

Are they taking a lot of bookings?

22 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

Not yet.

Are they taking a lot of bookings?

yep

yep

I'll give them a ring tomorrow then

14 minutes ago, finnerz89 said:

I'll give them a ring tomorrow then

i did it on facebook, they answered very quickly

On 8/5/2020 at 9:44 PM, blackhat250 said:

Things aint looking good, thats Abredeen  outa bounds now,, passed thru on Sunday ,, HOWS things on the west coast Jim,,  i see the A83 ]  closed again [Landslide ],,

I'm just back from Portsoy. I arrived just as lockdown kicked in. Great weather and great company. Only downer was I wasn't on a bike. 

The old military Rd is open at the rest. Usual shit weather causing the hillside to collapse 

I just did Scotland. Weather was pretty good, though not hot. Even NW500 was just damp.

I prebooked every stay, and it turned out to be a good move, as loads of places had no vacancies.

2600miles in 10 days with enough time to walk Ben Nevis and Three Dodds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pilninggas said:

I just did Scotland. Weather was pretty good, though not hot. Even NW500 was just damp.

I prebooked every stay, and it turned out to be a good move, as loads of places had no vacancies.

2600miles in 10 days with enough time to walk Ben Nevis and Three Dodds.

Crikey, makes my 400 mile day round snowdon look a bit lame. Was a great day though, air was crisp for a lot of it, sun came out around 2. Lake bala especially is stunning.

1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Crikey, makes my 400 mile day round snowdon look a bit lame. Was a great day though, air was crisp for a lot of it, sun came out around 2. Lake bala especially is stunning.

yeah Bala is nice.i get up that way quite a bit.