YOC 2020

Cynic
This post is 1299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Let's get some dates sorted then!

I'm happy to do 2 meets also

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i assume its gone quiet till this virus thing is sorted itself out?

just been talking to the missus when we went to the chinese near squires and we had to order the all you can eat buffet. 2 hours later we got the odd rib/soup.
so we ordered tons of stuff and the owner threatened us if we didn't eat it all.

yes, we ordered too much and had to squirrel away loads of food in helmets and "drop" food on the floor 🤣

Suppose it will have to. 

I find it embarrassing, China, Italy and spain are dealing with more death and infection. Have they had people mugged for bog roll, have the shelves been stripped. No. Im afraid im ashamed to live in this country at this moment.

• Sad 1

Two weeks ago it was all "be kind" now it's fk you I NEED 72 loo rolls 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimmy said:

Two weeks ago it was all "be kind" now it's fk you I NEED 72 loo rolls 

lets have a ride out to Procter and Gamble in Trafford park.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Whasssss-up

Maybe later at end of summer or skip a year ? 😭

• Haha 1

bikes nearly finished, i took my time as nothing to ride to.

As we can go camping in the UK from 4th July now, maybe we can organise somewhere?

Still up for Kielder, if anyone lives up that way to organise a ride out.

Amen to that, Scotch trip might be tricky though. Think Jimmy Crankie has them locked up still. The lockdown rules are different over the border. John?

52 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Amen to that, Scotch trip might be tricky though. Think Jimmy Crankie has them locked up still. The lockdown rules are different over the border. John?

that's why I suggested Keilder, its in England, I know it touches scotland, but lets be naughty :)

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/this-motorcycle-route-in-northern-england-offers-some-of-britains-best-riding/

• Like 1

Let's do it. I want to visit bamburgh castle. If we get told off we can just run for the border 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• drewpy pinned this topic

Its all good up here soon ,,  i"d like that area,   never seen Hadrians wall,   😎

I’m still up for a trip - would be good to do something this year if we can.

• Like 2

I don't mind where or when to be honest but I REALLY don't do camping so if the hotels are shut then fraid not this year! :shrug:

I think hotels are opening from the 8th of July? That may just be speculation though

looking at that route, it may make sense to book something in carlise and something on the east coast.

seeing as I'm not going away this year, sod the expense.

lets see what happens in the next week or so

1 minute ago, drewpy said:

looking at that route, it may make sense to book something in carlise and something on the east coast.

seeing as I'm not going away this year, sod the expense.

lets see what happens in the next week or so

I might go with that, Windoview near Airgate for us as a holiday this year too.

19 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

I think hotels are opening from the 8th of July? That may just be speculation though

Thanks Finnerz I did not know that but will check it out now. So that said are we going to set a date or just wing it? And jump in with short notice and hope we can all make it? That's ok for me but some folks need time to sort out work and family life stuff. Whatever just shout out when your ready to pull the pin.

Just looked it up and sure enough the date is the 4th of july for hotels to open (possibly not if we get a "second wave") so anytime after that and we have a winner. (well done Andrew!)

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts for dates to go?

I suggested August bank holiday weekend on FB to drewpy. 

How's that for everyone?