ybr 125 2006 - Ignition Problems

mertrider
This post is 1524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My ignition has been temperamental for a while now, usually I turn the key and no light comes on, then I wiggle the cable that goes to the ignition barrel and after wiggling enough it connects and I can start the bike. But it's finally given up the ghost no matter how much wiggling I do. My first thought after reading forum posts was that the cables inside the barrel have come loose, but I took the bottom of the ignition out and the wires are soldered on fine. However there are arcing marks on the plastic connectors which the barrel cable plugs into, I wonder if I need to replace this. I have pictures of it here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cR5iqA51Rzkt8xQ37    The scorched socket is the one that the red wire goes into. Any suggestions or ideas would be very appreciated, thankyou, Martin.

Edited by mertrider
Missing some important info

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mate that has got bloody hot, if you are lucky it could be the connector its self has gone high resistance and got hot. 

If that's the case connect round it with a properly crimped link and you may well be fine. it would certainly check the ig sw for you.

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online