Vintage Yamaha LT2 Project

2 SMOKE
This post is 1548 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So about a couple of years back i traded an old Honda project for a fairly decent Yamaha DT100 LT2 which i though would make a great base for a project. Only just got round to starting it, i am by no means an expert mechanic i have picked up a few things over the years but decided its in my best interest to join up a forum to seek advice from people that are more knowledgeable than me 😁 over the next few months i am hoping to post up pictures https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Q77UiutTiY2a7-m2Ds3oJpLh6aAtjG6/view?usp=drivesdk of the process in getting it road worthy and registered on an age related plate :) and hope to make many friends along the way

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum Bud, there are a few DT folk on here, so you should get help

Thanks dude. definatly going to need loads of advice. Dont really know where to start at the mo, finding it really hard to locate any parts.

Edited by 2 SMOKE

That is probably your biggest problem. The DT has a nasty effect on its ebay values. parts are hoarded or sold piecemeal. Literally by the nut and bolt by some arseholes, while quoting how rare they are.

A lot of the parts are not that rare but may be expensive. Tanks and side panels are a worry, side panels go missing and tanks rot. Clocks too if damaged,  as long as your hubs are good the wheels will not be an issue. Likewise the frame is strong and unlikely to need more than cleaning up once stripped, just about all the engine parts  except the obvious things like engine cases are available from Fowlers in Bristol. You can waste time going elsewhere but these days I find there is little point. (I have a DT175 and aTDR250, fowlers is my primary goto for parts for both).

You picked a good one to build, no electronic rubbish to tip you up either.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online