03 YZF600r wont start/has no spark

connorchristal
This post is 1539 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody,
I Recently bought a 2003 yzf600r. The bike was not running when i bought it the owner before said the bike was having charging problems so he replaced the stator and rectifier and now the bike wont turn over. Everything else electrically works fuel pump, lights etc. when i push the start button the oil and low gas light flash, the tacho also goes to 8k and back to 0 every 3 seconds when the bike is on. I do not hear any solenoid clicking when pushing the start problem that would indicate a low battery, I bridged the starter and it cranks strong. The battery is new and sitting at 12v. Also i've tried flipping the pick up coil wires and inspecting what i can on the wire harness for any signs of a pinch or faulty connection. I'm stumped i checked everything over with a volt meter and still cant figure it out any help would be appreciated.
Please Helpp me :)) need to get this bad boy up and running. thanks, connor

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The battery should sit at around 14v on the charger.  Low 'gas' light...There is fuel in it?

When bridging the starter, are you getting a spark when it's cranking? Are the plugs wet when you've cranked it over

The Thundercat has self diagnosis. 0 to 8,000 rpm every 3 seconds is the fuel level warning system fault code. Check the level sender/wiring/bulb etc for bad connections. Also, 12 volts isnt a particularly healthy battery, needs to be up over 12.5 to 13

Edited by neversaydie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online