Its died a death on here,

blackhat250
This post is 1462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whats happenned " ,,this used to be a buzzing  forum ,,  is it Facebook,   ?  nothing new in posts and very little members visit the site now,, 🕵🏽‍♂️

• Sad 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Totally its Facebook, nobody wants to wait anymore. TDR forum has gone the same, vmax forum too. Its all facebook.

We need to try and start  on facebook. The vmax and TDR face book forums are running well.

• Like 2

Is there a Facebook page already or does someone need to make one?

I check on here every day but as you say it's pretty quiet

• Like 2

Yes yoc is on FB. We need to use it. 

Just search for yamaha owners club

• Like 1

Had a look, it's a page as opposed to a group so I don't think us peasants can post anything?

• Like 1

I'll happily start one. Just wanted to check first

https://www.facebook.com/groups/691940734664947/

Group sorted. 

• Like 1

Im in, cool photo for the header.

Shame it's went this way, but I stuck in a joining request 

Sad to see but it does seem that this has run it's course. I don't do this stuff on my phone, in fact I hardly ever use it. I was thinking it was just because it was the winter that no one was on here, my bike is hibernating and will be till April 2020 so I might look in here when the summer rolls round. Take care folks and hopefully see you out there!

• Like 1

I check here nearly every day too. It’s a shame, but have also just sent a request to the FB group.

I think part of the problem is that the forum is far reaching to all Yamahas. I tend to join model specific forums, but even those get more traffic via FB these days. I guess others will do the same.

6 hours ago, slice said:

my bike is hibernating and will be till April 2020 

Or hopefully a bit sooner weather permitting.

Sorry not much to report, weather has been absolutely shite in the West Country, and every time I see somebody on 2 wheels I think 'poor b*stard' from the heated seats of the Crossfire.

7 minutes ago, DutchFJ1200 said:

Or hopefully a bit sooner weather permitting.

Sorry not much to report, weather has been absolutely shite in the West Country, and every time I see somebody on 2 wheels I think 'poor b*stard' from the heated seats of the Crossfire.

Same. Did 5 years on 2 wheels full time because I could either afford a car or a bike but wanted a bike. Teaches you a lot. Mainly that riding all year is shite. 

there is one and AFAIK you can post on it

https://www.facebook.com/YamahaOwnersClub/

another one too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/28376722388/

I have went the opposite way, maybe an age thing. But I cant be bothered with the numpties on FB so gave that up and back to the forums.

• Like 2

its time with me , I don't have any ☹️ the rd is still going strong though.

Edited by up.yours
  • Thanks 1

I've had a look at the facebook sites, Can't say I'm over impressed by them, posts tend to be 'look where I've been' photos and no obvious threads to follow about bike maintenance etc. I'll stick with the forum thanks even if the activity has died down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yebutt you can have both. FB for the inane disposable and here for anything ongoing

Yebutt you can have both. FB for the inane disposable and here for anything ongoing

Indeed - that’s what the Tiger 1200 forum tries to achieve. They just want the forum to serve as a valuable resource for people, and then the FB page to be more of a social “look where I went today” community.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Admin

Sorry haven't commented on this earlier. I've been looking at trying to get a good way of automating posts from here to Facebook, currently I haven't really found a nice way of doing it without spamming everyone. There's a new version launching int he next few weeks which should make this possible.

You're right it's Facebook, our traffic significantly dropped once shortly after they launched their groups functionality. Compared to a forum it's pretty useless in regards to searching and usability etc. However it's there immediately in your hand where most people are checking all the time.

We'll have an app coming out soon with alerting functionality, hopefully it's going to help!

• Like 6

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online